Reshma_Varghese_Arthur Kill Van Kull Channel

For my waterfront project, I chose Arthur Kill Van Kull Channel to be my location. For the first image, I opened up the picture of the Goethals Bridge as my first layer. Then, I opened up my drawing of the Goethals Bridge, as the second layer. After doing so, I edited my drawing by first sharpening the image. Then I used the edge-detect option, so that my drawing would stand out. This automatically gave me the black background of my drawing. After doing this, I cut the right half of my drawing, and pasted it on top of the first layer. I also thought that the dark and light background, and could represent the bridge during the night and the day. In short, the first image is the picture of how the actual Goethals bridge looks during the early hours of the morning, and my imagination of how the bridge would look at night, with all the lights lighted up.

The second image is the look of Manhattan from my waterfront location. My initial drawing was very blurry, and barely distinguishable. I first opened up my image on Gimp, and then used the sharpen option to make the drawing to be better understandable. Then I used the painting tools, which included smudge and paintbrush, I tried to apply an artistic touch to it. Then I also chose the option of colorizing to change the hue, saturation and the contrast of the picture. Although I did not like it at the first glance, when I compared it with my initial drawing, I realized that there was a huge difference between the two.