“The Walking Dead Returns for Another Season”

This article in the New York Times speaks about the next season of “The Walking Dead”, a hit t.v. show on AMC. The show previewed last fall with a six episode first season. The season finale attracted 6 million viewers, double that of other popular AMC shows such as “Breaking Bad” and “Mad Men”. The developer quit the show for this season, and previously developed the movies Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile. The budget for each episode is around 3 million dollars. The show is about a post-apocalyptic United States that is covered in Zombies. Original, I know. I actually watched the first season, and it left a lot to be desired. The pilot was fantastic, mainly because it was cliffhanger that left me wondering what could happen next. Unfortunately, as the show unraveled, I realized that all of these ideas have been done before, only better, in such movies as 28 Days Later, and Dawn of the Dead. I found it quite surprising that it attracted so many viewers, especially since Breaking Bad is a way more realistic and overall better produced show. Then I remember how every ten minutes last fall I saw another commercial from The Walking Dead. It was all hype, and no substance. If you want to watch a show with a big budget and a stale plot this show is for you. Otherwise avoid it like the plague. The article can be found here.

One thought on ““The Walking Dead Returns for Another Season”