Wolverine on Broadway

I’ve been able to be the audience in several plays and shows through out the course of this semester, yet I have yet to witness one that features a well-known movie star.

Since movie stars are not exactly playing on their turf on Broadway, yet Hugh Jackman  and his one-man show “Hugh Jackman: Back on Broadway” may prove otherwise. Though being one of the most popular actor in Hollywood with blockbusters like the X-men series, The Prestige, and recently Real Steal, Mr. Jackman made his debut on Broadway, hence the title of his show. He won a Tony back in his days singing and dancing on stage, therefore this show is a show that I would definitely want to go to.

Regarding the content, the show does not surround self-mockery nor narcissism but instead depicts the absurdity and wonderfulness of being a man who can make women swoon at each smile. From the picture of the Playbill, one can infer the central theme of the story, sex. But Hugh Jackman does not make it dirty nor profane, he executes everything in a more emotional undertone with his a capella voice and interact with the audiences away from the center of the stage.

For the girls who want to experience the thrill of being romance by the People’s sexiest man alive, I think you would really enjoy the show; but don’t expect a rose at your front door the next day, though. And for the guys who idolize the animally aggressive yet sensitive Wolverine, this is your chance to watch him in action; maybe you’ll learn something about flirtation at a celebrity-level.

2 thoughts on “Wolverine on Broadway

1. Hugh Jackman is the man. He is great in his action roles and I’ve never seen him sing and dance, but according to the article, that’s when he’s happiest. Hearing that I can’t wait to see what time of talents he brings to the Broadway stage.

2. Whoaaaa! Hugh Jackman is on broadway? Although I am very intrigued, we all know that this is just another marketing plot. Attracting viewers with celebrities..don’t you agree?