9/1 Assignment

0.   What does Art mean?

Art, to me, means something that, when observed, can foment further creativity. Art builds upon itself, from Greek and Roman myths to medieval tales to the current stories of the modern day (for example, West Side Story, which largely followed that route).
1.    What is your favorite art form?

My favorite art form is music, largely because the emotion elicited from a performance of music can be entirely different from one artist or composer to another.
2.    What is your favorite historical period?

My favorite historical period is just after World War II, in the 1950s and early 1960s, when there was the beginning of the Space Age; it was an incredible time of flux in the history of popular culture and technology, not to mention foreign policy, both in America and abroad.

3.    What is your academic/ non-academic strength?

My greatest academic strength is my ability to synthesize my opinions into a central thought, presenting it with details. Rather than being wordy, I try my best to create a concise but still cutting argument in both my writing and my speech. My greatest non-academic strength is that I have a sense of humor; I enjoy when people get my jokes, whether or not they laugh at them.
4.    Do you feel comfortable with new technologies?

I feel quite comfortable with new technologies; in fact, one thing I hope to gain from the City Seminars is using technology to the fullest potential, through videos to audio recordings and podcasts to PowerPoint and Keynote presentations.

5.    How would you rate your writing skills?

I would say my writing skills are good, but still need work; for a rating from 1 to 10, I would probably give myself a 7.

This entry was posted in 9/1 Assignment and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.