9/1 Assignment

0.   What does Art mean?

For me, art is anything that is created without a practical purpose. It is anything extra that is not essential for living, but mentally stimulating nonetheless.

1.    What is your favorite art form?

My favorite art forms are music and photography. When I listen to a piece at any given point in time, the image and feeling of my surroundings stays encrypted in my mind forever so that when I listen to that piece again, it’s as if I’m traveling back in time to the first time I listened to the piece. I like that I can always tie music to visual memories. It moves me like no other art form in that it has the power to significantly alter my mood. I also like photography, particularly black and white, because it gives an eerie sense of emptiness and lifelessness that attracts me. Living in a loud city like Manhattan, the silence of photography is sometimes a nice escape.
2.    What is your favorite historical period?

I would say my favorite historical period is around the time of the Renaissance. I became very interested in the art of that period when I read Dan Brown’s Angels and Demons . The novel’s plot involved following the path of the Illuminati in Rome, and I was instantly captivated by the stories of the secret society.
3.    What is your academic/ non-academic strength?

My academic strength is language and mathematics, while my non-academic strength is music.
4.    Do you feel comfortable with new technologies?

I can adapt fairly quickly to new technologies.
5.    How would you rate your writing skills?

Although creative writing isn’t my forte, I do enjoy non-fiction writing such as literary analyses and other academic papers. On a scale of one to ten, I’d give my writing an 7.5.

This entry was posted in 9/1 Assignment. Bookmark the permalink.