9/3This week question

Post a short response to these Questions:
O.   What does Art mean?
1.    What is your favorite art form?
2.    What is your favorite historical period?
3.    What is your academic/ non-academic strength?
4.    Do you feel comfortable with new technologies?
5.    How would you rate your writing skills?

Write a paragraph or a poem titled: “Self portrait” or post a photograph/image of yourself

4 thoughts on “9/3This week question”

1. 0. Art means the expression of ideas and feelings through the beautiful, the chaotic, the graceful and the original.

1. My favorite art form is music. Each song has its own personality. Music contains energy that is transferred to the listener, sometimes intensely, other times slowly. Music does more than make you move, it makes you feel. It can really get inside of you, from the moment you first start nodding your head, to the point where you are flailing your arms and jumping around. Music is poetry, melody and emotion. My favorite of all is soundtrack music which can create a range of atmospheres. You can put on your headphones, turn up the volume and let your own imagination ride along with the music.

2. My favorite historical period? I don’t like history, but if I had to pick a time period it would be from the beginning of civilization up until the fall of Rome.

3. My academic strength is science, especially physics and I WISH my non academic strength could be painting.

4. Of course. I am comfortable with new technology, especially any technology that caters to my laziness.

5. I would rate my writing skills as satisfactory, or a 6/10.

2. O. Art is, at its most basic form, expression. Its the portrayal of an artist’s inner creativity displayed on an outer “surface”(canvas, paper, dance floor, clothes), whether it be from what they see, hear, experience, or just what generally appeals to them.

1. I don’t have a favorite art form, but I do love theater. The presentation of a story through a character or characters can engage almost all the senses, and the fact that each show is different based on the audience’s mood adds to the excitement. Adding music, dance, and song can also deepen the experience.

2. My favorite historical period is the 1920’s, mostly because is was a time when “fun” took precedence. It produced some of the greatest literature (by Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and Langston Hughes), and the slang, dance, music, and fashion were also revolutionary.

3. My academic strength lies in the social sciences (sociology, philosophy, economics). I’m able to breakdown and understand the material and ideas presented easily when it concerns those subjects. My non-academic strength is my willingness to try new things.

4. I do feel comfortable with new technologies. Its become easier to understand their functions, therefore using them has also become easier.

5. I would give myself a 8/10 for my writing skills. I don’t write everyday, and I feel that if I did I would be way more confident in what I write.

3. 1. Art is a way for one to freely express his or herself. Art has to limitations beyond the artists imagination and creativity. Art is the ultimate form of expression because it can not be confined to material things. Though art maybe be expressed through material things such as pen and paper, the possibilities that the artist can express with these material things are endless.

2. My favorite art form is music. I personally believe that music is the greatest way that one can express emotion of any kind. Emotion can be expressed by the key of the song. Even without lyrics, one can tell the mood of the music by just listening to the music. I feel like music is a stronger version of poetry which has no music behind it. Although poetry is great music adds another element to make it even stronger. Also in music, lyrics aren’t just read but they are sung to match the music further showing the key and therefore the emotion of the music.

3. My academic strength is my dedication to getting my work done and my non-academic strength is my creativity.

4. I am comfortable with new technologies usually because they are a lot like older technologies except with something else added to them. That way i already kind of understand it and i only have to learn the little bit of new stuff. Most technology is similar anyway so i can usually relate new technology to something that already exists.

5. I would rate my writing skills as 8/10. I feel like i am a good writer but there is always room for improvement. I can handle writing essays well and i am also a somewhat good songwriter. However, i think i can still be better.

4. 0. What does art mean?
    Art is essentially life expressed through physical, audio, or visual means. It is a culture expressed through dance, music, painting, etc. Art is a form of expressing experiences, emotions, life in general through the artist’s eyes.

1. What is your favorite art form?
    My favorite art form is dance. I love the emotional meaning that can be found through every dance move. There is so much beauty and meaning to every piece of choreography.

2. My favorite historical period is the 1920’s jazz age. The music and dance during this time had such vivacity.

3. What is your academic/non-academic strength?

My academic strength is english. My non-academic strength is vocals and dance.

4. Do you feel comfortable with new technologies?
    I generally do feel comfortable with new technologies, as long as I can understand how they are used. For example, the Macbook Pro is a new technology to me but I like it because I can understand its functions.

5. How would you rate your writing skills?

I would give myself a 10 out of 10 on my writing skills.