Self-Portrait

O.   What does Art mean?

Art means self-expression. It is the ability to present one’s thoughts, emotions, dreams, et cetera, for other people to see and hopefully, comprehend. Art involves giving yourself up to reach others on a personal level. It is difficult to truly reveal yourself, which is why I believe art should be highly regarded.
1.    What is your favorite art form?

My favorite art form is dance because it combines physical rigor and emotional expression.
2.    What is your favorite historical period?

My favorite historical period was the 1920’s. It was a time of economic and cultural prosperity in the United States. Money was flowing (theoretically since everything was actually on credit) and everyone embraced the newfound richness. New fashion was also on the rise; shorter dresses, shorter hair, darker make-up and eclectic jewelry dominated the times. Literature was also changing; the “Lost Generation” was documenting their experiences after the First World War by using new styles of writing.
3.    What is your academic/ non-academic strength?

My academic strengths revolve around the social sciences; I plan on majoring in psychology and am currently exploring other fields in the social sciences like cultural anthropology.

My non-academic strength is my ability to care for others. I see myself as a compassionate person and am always willing to help someone out, from minor things like giving directions to larger projects like donating clothes.
4.    Do you feel comfortable with new technologies?

I live in an age where technology is a huge part of everyone’s lives. People practically live on their iPhones, Blackberries, MacBooks and Facebooks. While I feel comfortable using these technologies, I choose not to let new technology dominate my life.
5.    How would you rate your writing skills?

My writing is about an 8, but I hope to improve that rating.

Self-Portrait

Published by

Alina Samusevich

Born in Belarus, raised in New York. Sagittarius - December 6, 1991. Macaulay Hunter 2013 !

One thought on “Self-Portrait”