Marielle Ray

20140204_174127Hello! My name is Marielle Ray. I am undecided in my major, but I will probably be pursuing English and/or Psychology, and I am thinking about exploring Spanish or Human Rights as a minor. Outside of school, I love music, but my lack of actual talent makes me more of an appreciator than a musician; I love going to live music shows. I also enjoy reading. I am the third of four children, and my family lives on Long Island.

My great-great-grandparents on my mother’s side were an English (or Welsh) stage actress and a Polish Jew, who had emigrated from Poland in about 1880 to Australia and then to the United States around the turn of the century. Their son, my grandfather, and my mother each married a 100% Irish Catholic (descended from those who came over during the Great Potato Famine), so I am of predominantly Irish descent. I was born on Long Island but lived in Manhattan until I was five; my family then moved to Connecticut for a few years before finally settling on Long Island.