Reflection: 95%

After reading this article, I was reminded of my experiences in 10th grade. I helped  my neighbor, a 3rd grader, with her homework a few nights a week. We usually did some math worksheets and once in a while some grammar or English assignment. As I was leaving her house one evening, I recall pointing out the beautiful moon in the clear night sky. I told her what the moon was up to in its cycle. I remember her inquisitive expression as she asked to explain the other names and why the moon looks the way it does throughout the month. I also remember a different night when I was over and I mentioned something about a girl I knew that was suffering with cancer. Her innocent face begged for an explanation as to what this disease is.

I was also reminded of the many times I spend with my younger sister helping her out with her homework and reports. Aside from the science knowledge she accumulates while writing a research paper on the Circulatory System or taking a test on cells and matter, she is always asking me questions on various things she comes across daily.

I think the article proves a very important and strong point. Children, many a time, only focus their brain energy and desire to learn and question while involved in school activities. This occurs because that is the time that they are encouraged to ask and to know. However, children are full of questions if they were only given the opportunity and were to receive enthusiasm and encouragement along with the response.