Eden Fine Art Galleries is a gallery that easily catches an individual’s attention. Located in New York City between Madison Ave. and E 49th St., this gallery is a major international representative and sponsor of art. This art collection, with pieces at such exorbitant prices, is in a well-designed space which allows its visitors to gain a unique experience. This gallery is the first official location of Eden Fine Arts in Manhattan. There are such vibrant and bright colors that can be seen through the displays. As I walked through the gallery, I felt a sense of happiness and energy.

When a person first enters the gallery, there is a sculpture on the floor that says “Love.” There are various patterns on it including zebra stripes, colorful stars, and circles. The “O” is in the shape of a heart which is painted red, pink and orange. This “Love” sculpture is the basis of part of the gallery which focuses its attention on love. On the walls of the gallery are 3D hearts in the shape of butterflies which represents hope. These sculptures pop out of the walls enabling people to see every little detail and recognize that they take on a life of their own. The artist, David Kravoc, put much effort in hand-cutting sketches from a single sheet of steel and then finishing in high-grade, water-based, acrylic polymer paint.

Furthermore, there is a major emphasis on cartoons in New York City created by the artist, Nelson Fabiano. The gallery romanticizes Superman by placing the red and yellow logo with blue around it all in the shape of butterflies. Superman is also painted holding an American flag with comic strips collaged in the background as well. He is painted as a heroic figure who is significant in showing that pain and horror will end if people have hope. Moreover, Mickey Mouse, Captain America, and Spiderman are painted over light, faded versions of New York Times papers with streaks of red painting, taxis, and buildings. These icons overlook the Big Apple evoking the city feel. There is a lot happening in these paintings relating to the environment of New York City which is fast-paced and busy.

The gallery depicts a representation of America from the 1960s as well. In one of the paintings, there is an image of Campbell’s soup can with the American red and white flag painted behind it. With the same theme of the American flag in the background, Coca-Cola bottles are painted. Inspired by Andy Warhol, these paintings created by Tommy have a vintage look. Tommy used recycle wood and aluminum ever since he started painting. His art creates a nostalgia, but his colors, look and materials show the development of early pop culture.

On curating, everything in the gallery is painted white, even the floors, emphasizing the art. There are different open sections people can walk through turning corners to see each piece. All the walls have a painting on it with the larger paintings on the larger walls. Occasionally, a person might have to look up to see certain paintings. There are four floors to the gallery. The first two are available for visitors, while the rest are closed off.

Many sculptures are placed throughout the gallery either on the floor, a table or a stand. When I was inside observing these sculptures, I saw a family looking through the glass window getting excited about the colorful figurines they had in the front. It was four figures standing in a row in which you can see all four faces at a certain angle. These figurines had a unique facial structure with their whole body drawn through curves and different colors. These sculptures added to the distinctive vibe of the gallery.

I found it interesting was that there are different areas in the gallery with couches meant for a person to relax or read about the artists. The tables and chairs are both made out of glass. They have art integrated near them with a centerpiece painted like flowers in a vase and also, colorful cubes under the tables. On top of the tables are books describing the artwork of different artists. Unfortunately, I did not have time to look through the books, but next time I go, I definitely will.

This gallery captivated my attention. The themes created by the artist in this gallery were about the idea of love and romance, and taking something and adding a new twist to it. Eden Fine Art Galleries is a gallery someone should definitely pay a visit to.

By: Noorulain Paracha