Doodler’s Anonymous : A Roller Coaster for the Mind

Doodler’s Anonymous is a very entertaining and interesting blog created by OKAT to celebrate people’s addiction to doodling, sketching, and drawing anything that comes to mind. This colorful and visually appealing site has been showcasing the amusing, spontaneous thoughts that go through people’s minds since September 2008.

Doodler’s Anonymous only displays hand drawn illustrations sent in by many different people. The layout of the site is very simple, with a few advertisements on right hand part of the screen and drawings on the rest of the page. The site also offers visitors other sites they could visit if they found Doodler’s Anonymous interesting. The advertisements never pop up and never intrude on the viewing pleasure of the audience. In fact, I found that some of the advertisements were interesting and amusing, adding to my enjoyment. For example, one of the ads that I saw promoted a laptop leather bag with a bird resting on a bar while TIE fighters from Star Wars surround it. The absolute randomness of the design just cracked me up. The design of this site truly speaks to me, as there is very little text around the drawings, allowing viewers to interpret or enjoy the pictures without limitations. All the text does is introduce the pictures and their artists. Furthermore, the site is surrounded by graph paper, giving the illustrations a more authentic feel and enhancing the viewing experience.

OKAT posts quite often, once every few days in fact. The blog is very informal, allowing the visitor to the blog to enjoy it at his/her own pace. There is something here for everyone, from serious, moving artwork to fun, casual, and heartwarming designs. The fact that something as sad and deep as Daniel Jamie William’s drawings and Sonni’s cute, casual artwork can exist on the same site is amazing to say the least. I found myself thinking deeply about one illustration and smiling goofily because of the next one. I absolutely loved that this site could take me on a roller coaster of emotions literally from one photo to the next. Though all of the pieces are special in unique ways, there were two posts that made me an immediate fan of this site.

Though all of the pieces are special in unique ways, there were two posts that made me an immediate fan of this site. One of these posts was a collection of fan art depicting Walter White from one of the greatest shows ever, “Breaking Bad”. This post was so completely unexpected that I actually looked at it twice while aimlessly scrolling through the blog. I thoroughly enjoyed this post because of the emotion and feelings that all the art placed in the face of Walter. All of the drawings are unique in a way and they depict Walter’s transformation as a character in different ways, even though they are all showing the same transformation. The other post also caught me completely off guard. The fact that a professional artist would use his time to collaborate with a 4 year old just made me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside and I felt myself smiling involuntarily. The pictures were wacky yet made sense and that was the best part.

In short, Doodler’s Anonymous is a beautiful blog. No other site I’ve seen showcases the random thoughts that enter people’s minds than this site. This site is for everyone and I strongly recommend that people check it out because I can guarantee that you will find something that will grab your attention.

http://www.doodlersanonymous.com/