Dec 11 2009

Reading Out Loud

Published by Jason Wat under Joseph O'Connor

ZZJoseph_OConnorJoseph O’Conner is not only a great writer but also very funny. To me, I believe that readings are very important for authors. This way many listeners would understand the way that the author wants them to. During his reading, I thought it was great to listen to him read his work the way he intended others to hear it. Including his jokes and the way he talked normally and to the audience, as he spoke between each of his readings I could sense a part of him in the stories he wrote. It was very interesting to be able to relate the author with his work.

6 responses so far

6 Responses to “Reading Out Loud”

1.   Aon 12 Dec 2009 at 2:02 pm

Even though he didn’t make himself seem above us, his extensive vocabulary really sets him apart. Amazing guy…

2.   Amrita Narineon 12 Dec 2009 at 1:50 am

The way O’Connor presented himself, it wasn’t as someone that was so above us. He came off as a regular guy that had a story to share. The only thing that made him so incredibly different I think was his awesome accent. But, he was just a regular guy all the same.

3.   solanaon 11 Dec 2009 at 11:57 pm

Yes, O’Connor seemed like a normal man, not a famous fabulous poet and I’m glad about that. Had he talked with hidden meanings and such, I think most of the audience would have been lost.

4.   Sijia Sunon 11 Dec 2009 at 11:35 pm

I don’t think Baruch student appreciate the fact that they get to see famous writers face to face enough. The library should have been even more packed for a great writer/speaker like O’Connor.

5.   Samanthaon 11 Dec 2009 at 8:39 pm

I also think readings are important to maintain the integrity of a work. For example, Rhianna reading her poem was much more powerful than when I had read it. Through reading it, the authors seem to bring something more to the work.

6.   harshita parikhon 11 Dec 2009 at 6:48 pm

i agree his humor and the easy manner in which he talked about new york and rapped about Baruch made me and i believe the rest of the audience very comfortably with his presence. It gave me a pictur of the author that i could not gain from the excerpt of his book.