Dec 11 2009

The 60’s Rock & Roll

Published by Nguyen Chi under Looking at Music - MOMA

Looking at Music- MOMA

Rating: 4.5 stars

Reasons:

I went to the MOMA and BAM, photographs of legendary musicians of the 60’s were surrounding me. I love the up close and personal aspect of this exhibit as the viewers are able to see their favorite artists in various points of view. From all of the work, I only recognize The Beatles, David Bowie, and Yoko Ono; the rest of the artists were unknown to me. And the only reason why I know who Davis Bowie is because his name and face were featured in the HBO show, Flight of the Conchord Season 2.

The Beatles and Yoko Ono, however, I grew up with. My dad would play The Beatles in the morning in place for the sound of an alarm clock. And if you know The Beatles (specifically John Lennon), then you definitely know Yoko Ono. For many hardcore Beatle fans, Yoko Ono is not known for her art, but for “breaking up the band.” However, my point of view is: let the woman and the man be in love!

On a brighter note, listen to The Ballad of John and Yoko if you have no idea who they are.

7 responses so far

7 Responses to “The 60’s Rock & Roll”

1.   Sai Maon 12 Dec 2009 at 4:33 pm

What was the other one? I remember hearing a really catchy song.

2.   Aon 12 Dec 2009 at 3:40 pm

She played a couple.

The first was “Pocketful of Sunshine” by Natasha Bedingfield.

3.   Sai Maon 12 Dec 2009 at 3:13 pm

*What was the song that Solana was playing in her IDC Documentary*?

Haha oops…

4.   Sai Maon 12 Dec 2009 at 3:12 pm

What was song Solana playing in her IDC Documentary?

5.   Aon 12 Dec 2009 at 3:03 pm

Do you remember the song that played to Chi’s stop-motion animation video? It was “Here Comes the Sun” by the Beatles. What about the Target commercials? They play “Hello Goodbye” by the Beatles. I’m sure you’ve heard a lot of the Beatles without realizing it.

6.   Sai Maon 12 Dec 2009 at 2:59 pm

I’ve never really listened to anything related to the Beatles, who knows, maybe that might soon change as well.

7.   Aon 12 Dec 2009 at 2:38 pm

What is that a picture of?

Your dad sounds awesome for playing the Beatles in the morning. And screw Yoko Ono– the woman shouldn’t have gotten in the way of the band.