Oct 13 2009

The Consequences of Irrationality

Published by Amrita Narine under Tell Me Who You Are

While “Tell Me Who You Are” revolves around interesting topics pertaining to polygamy and feminist ideas, the writing made it difficult to understand the point. The movie was much too long and circular. It was impossible to feel one way towards the main character, Mimi, because she was made into an incredibly irrational character. In the beginning we feel very sympathetic towards her, because she seems hurt by the polygamist marriage she is in and she is attempting to assert herself against her husband. However, then she keeps going back and forth, crying consistently, screaming, and acting very childish overall. The amount of times that she left and went back to her husband, Issa, made it too dragged out and annoying because the movie could have been ended so many times and yet it didn’t. Lesson learned: longer isn’t always better.

New York Film Festival

One response so far

One Response to “The Consequences of Irrationality”

1.   Kay Mokon 13 Oct 2009 at 9:42 am

Nice image! I agree that the film was definitely too long. At first I did sympathize with Mimi, but later I really disliked her because of her irrationality.