Dec 11 2012

Cindy Blackman Santana Trio Dazzles

http://www.cindyblackmansantana.com/images/topphoto_tour.jpg

Mesmerizing. That is the best word I can use to describe whatI saw last night. I loved their performance and I was in complete awe of all of the musician’s skills but Cindy Blackman blew me away. I could not keep my eyes off of her hands! She moved so quickly and swiftly that at some points I could not even see her hands. The most amazing part is that she made it look so easy. I was completely enamored by her skill and overall awesome ability at rocking out.

Although I did find it strange that there was no singer. I felt as there was a gap that needed to be filled. However it did allow me to focus more on the instrumental performances. It made me focus on every movement and every sound that was made by the performers. It was as though I was watching each musician give an isolated performance instead of it being a band that played in harmony. Surprisingly enough I did not find that to be a bad thing as it enabled me to fully appreciate their individual talent and skill.

3 Responses to “Cindy Blackman Santana Trio Dazzles”

1.   Thomas Seuberton 11 Dec 2012 at 7:24 pm

Weren’t her hands amazing to watch? At one point it was like watching the wheels on a car spin. I was impressed with how she would close her eyes and just play. It was like her hands were separate from the rest of her, doing their own thing.

2.   pgoldbergon 12 Dec 2012 at 1:18 am

Hmm…your point about the singer is interesting. Especially since it’s after 1 am right now. I think that a singer would’ve detracted from the overall performance because the point was really Cindy Blackman and her drums, and not for her to be the background music for someone else’s show.

3.   nomibrodieon 13 Dec 2012 at 4:41 pm

Im going to have to disagree with you about the singer- I think Cindy didnt leave a void in her performance. Whatever was missing in vocals was filled in with beating, throbbing passion. I definitely hear your point, though. No singer is unconventional… but i think Cindy doesnt really play to the rules of convention.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS