Dec 13 2012

Monday Night Drums

Published by under Cindy Blackman Santana Trio

I was expecting more of Rock music than Jazz music when I heard that we were going to see a drummer, but I got to hear a music genre that I rarely listen to. Cindy Blackman is a female drummer that has performed with Lenny Kravitz. It was truly interesting to see a female drummer since being a drummer is mainly a male dominated profession. She plays better than most male drummers and this is part of the reason why she has toured the world with many popular music groups.

She is a great Jazz and Rock musician. Blackman plays with so much passion that it is difficult not to enjoy the experience and feel her emotions. You could practically feel her soul going into the music. She closes her eyes and passionately hits the drums to create an amazing sound of euphony.

This was a breath taking experience to see live Jazz music that was moving. It changed the way I perceive past and modern music. I truly enjoyed going to this concert and look forward to listening to Blackman in the future. I plan on listening to more Jazz music in the future as well. I am thankful for this truly wonderful experience.

Image Source: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e9/Cindy_Blackman_.jpg/220px-Cindy_Blackman_.jpg

One response so far

One Response to “Monday Night Drums”

1.   Victoria Checaon 21 Dec 2012 at 12:16 pm

I find it incredible that she is able to perform with other famous and talented artists such as Lenny Kravitz. That’s is how you know that she is capable of bringing a great performance if she can perform with them. But seeing and hearing what she is about to do brings her talent to a whole other level. I am also thankful to experience this.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS