The window from my room at home in Astoria, Queens captures the beauty of the East side skyscrapers, the East river and the Triboro Bridge. On my runs, I make my way to Astoria Park, around the pillars that root the Triboro bridge into Queens. I have so much admiration for the structure, yet, I would never take the bridge on my daily commutes.

$8 one way? Are you crazy? I opt for taking 35 extra minutes in my commute and take the Queensboro bridge or the subway. Sam Schwartz’s Move NY plan seems very plausible and can significantly benefit my neighborhood.

His plan suggests to increase tolls that lead to the financial areas of New York and decrease the tolls on bridges such as the Triboro, Throgs Neck and any other bridge that doesn’t connect to the financial sector of the city. When Mr. Schwartz told us about how Queens officials were so adamant about not having the plan, it seemed ridiculous.

I also highly appreciate the idea of pedestrian walk bridges, if that is a possibility, in the future, I genuinely see myself using the bridge daily. Not only would it promote a healthier living, but the views you can possibly get on such bridges could be breath taking.

In all, I really see how this plan can possibly help New York City’s economy as well as help reduce the city’s pollution, something as my tourist relatives like to point out, the city is infamous for.

Madhav Bhatt