The Holding of Hands

The Holding of Hands on Prezi

All photos credit to their owners.

With the theme “bonds”, I was having a hard time putting together a collage that can represent all the different aspects of my theme. So when my professor suggest us to choose a specific topic, I immediately apply it to my project. I thought to myself: what do people think of when I say ‘bond’? I immediately thought of marriage. Then I thought of the ring changing process. Well, people have to hold hands to do it, right? That’s it! My topic is going to be “The Holding of Hands”.

However, I didn’t want to make it all about lovers. So I did a little research online, and realized that there could be many different meanings for a simple gesture like this. The subtext of “two or more hands coming together” could vary from a show of love, to regret, to success and much more. So in my collage, I tried to include as much of these as possible. Also, from my research, I realized that many cultures had their own meaning for “holding hands”, so I wanted to include them as well.

It wasn’t until I finished the project that I recognize how powerful something as simple as this could be. I’m glad that this collage project brought me such an epiphany on people’s body language.

This entry was posted in Collage Project. Bookmark the permalink.