For some reason after reading the article, I became very interested in the situation around Pruitt-Igoe and how nearly 33 buildings that were aesthetically pleasing to me, after all they were built by the architect of the World Trade Center, could all tumble down and be demolished in as little as 2 decades. Pruitt-Igoe went from being a family home for thousands of people fit  for nearly everyone to becoming a crime-infested region that was filled with broken windows and any other malfeasance one may think of. My biggest question from this was: how? How can this turn-around happen so quickly that to invade all 33 buildings and call for the demolition for the project afterwards?

I think the most compelling reason would be the lack of maintenance and general infrastructure. It’s one thing to make the buildings, however, upon making those buildings, there needs to be regular maintenance on them to ensure there continued survival. This is the case with Penn South. Penn South now has become an almost retirement luxury for all the amenities it can provide. Pruitt-Igoe from small accidents such as broken elevators to no regular air conditioning, it was only only a matter of time for its demolition. For continued housing projects to work, there must be continued maintenance projects to ensure that they are livable places. Nobody should live in a hot and small apartment in the middle of the summer that lacks ventilation because they are in housing project home.