To think that some people believed homelessness had gone down over time is hard to imagine. We can see homeless people in stores, in public transportation, and I have often seen them around my own block. Still, New York is slow to adapt to its massive changes. I was disappointed by the lack of the support the unfortunate received by their government in the past, and its wasted allocation of money. While housing such as single-room housing decreased over time, they were not given the tools to prepare for the real world, only survive for the moment. If they do not receive training or the resources to find stable careers, our homeless rates will only go up. The one way I believe we can empower the unfortunate is by giving tools to succeed, specifically computers. I was inspired by a soup kitchen I used to work at, Meatloaf Kitchen, which offered technology to the homeless. By having slight technical training and job searching capabilities, they would be at a better place to go into the workforce more securely. A line I found very important was “Give me nine hundred dollars of that every month and I’ll find me and my kids an apartment, I promise you.” There are a multitude of different ways one can use the money in new ways, so we must learn to be more strategic and pay attention to what our communities need. Homelessness can be reduced, and we just need to empower them to do that.