Perhaps according to the standards outlined in Nikole Hannah-Jones’s New York Times article, I went to a racially intensely segregated high school – the student makeup of which is less than 10% white. I’ve seen the problems that it has caused us – inadequate fundings, almost non-existence Advance Placement courses, and less diverse extracurricular programs than those of some other better-rated schools. I had been pretty cynical about the fact that I did not end up in a better place. which resulted in me trying to transfer twice throughout the course of my high school life. However, in the end, that did not happen, and I gradually blended into the “better side” of the student population. In the end, I realized that it was not as terrible as outsiders had perceived it (note that negative publicity has surrouded my high school for an extended period of time because a freshman was stabbed on the first day of school before I came). There are always bright candidates here, who even though came from broken families and humble backgrounds, are working the hardest they can to climb the ladder of social mobility. Those people have the drive and termination that I admire. They just desperately needed recognition; in the sense that society does not discriminate them and provide the resources that they can use to be just as successful, which, to the contrary of their hopes, rarely happens. I admit that there are those who simply gave up on themselves in their lives, but they are just simply not fair representations of the whole student population.