Powerpoints are often good ways to present pieces of information to a large group of people if done correctly. If not presented or made correctly, the Powerpoints become a hinderance to the presentation of the idea, thus making the audience tune out and not listen to the presentation. I know personally, when someone reads off large chunks of information off of a powerpoint, I get annoyed because it is just repeating information that I, and the rest of the audience, have already read. If the presenter does not summarize the powerpoint, it is also slightly confusing because that forces the audience to think about the information rather than giving the audience an summarizing overview of why the powerpoint was significant and what the audience should have learned.

I found the fact sheets to be very helpful in summarizing key points about rent stabilization and rent control. A key difference between the two is that rent control is the older system that is for apartments buildingsĀ built before 1947, while rent stabilization is for buildings and apartments that were built between 1947 and 1974 and includes formerly rent-controlled apartments whose tenants moved out. Because of easy access to information like such, the general public is able to become educated in a topic that is still fairly relevant in the city. The process of the Rent Guidelines Board is also open to the public, thus allowing the public and the press to gather and comment on the information presented in their meetings and express their own views about the decisions to be made.