Sorry for such a late posting. It’s been quite a hectic year!

First, I started off the new year with the +FARM Winter studio, where the team built a fully functional sweat lodge with one member short in blizzard and blistering wind conditions in just 3 1/2 days! It was all worth it in the end for that last sweat in the late night with nothing but muddy boots and swim suits. Check out the project here.

Next, I barreled into my third year spring semester with two great team members in my first late studio – and boy did we stay late. With an overdrawn, questionably judged brick competition, and abbreviated “comprehensive design” project on our plates, we were fully booked. Masonry Comp_1 Masonry Comp_3 Masonry Comp_2

Which, of course, is why I decided I had so much spare time to run DIII Outdoor Track. Not only did my performance suffer, but also my sleeping health and diet. It wasn’t all that bad though. I threw a season best in the Javelin 27.26m (about 89.44 feet) after running a terrible 10k and 5k. I actually wanted to run the 3k Steeplechase (because I wasn’t tired enough), but that was cancelled because… well that’s a whole other story.

This upcoming summer, I’ve got tons of stuff going on. First, I’ll be taking Calculus III and Computational Design, as well as an independent study on the Solar Roof Pod, just recently installed on the architecture school’s roof. In addition to those classes, I will be interning at one of my professor’s firms, and participating in +FARM once more from June 7th -15th.

Unfortunately, I’d be missing four days of Calculus (yikes!!!!), two days of Computational Design, two days of the Solar Roof Pod, and two days of work. It’s all been planned out, though I’m still waiting to hear from my Calculus professor about forwarding the materials to me in advance so I won’t get too off track. (I actually don’t even know if I’m allowed to miss four days – uh oh – I better figure that out – HELP). I’m actually kind of scared.

Finally, for the first two weeks of August, I will be going to Venice! Vacation at last haha – NOT. I’ll be documenting interesting projects at the Architecture Biennale, but it should be fun, if not a little bit of a break after summer finals.

Okay that’s it for now! Until next time! (hopefully not next year)

ALSO, shout out to the best brother in the world! KEVIN HU! Happy 25th Birthday Bro! I love you!