Philosophy of My Life

I’m Yamel Favela.  I could be like everyone else, and list everything I love in this biography, but what does that actually say about me?  Next to nothing.  I’ll try to tell you what I think of myself.  That may tell you far more.  I appear to have an ego.  Just sometimes, but I don’t.  It’s just a front.  In my mind, I am no better than anyone else.  In many ways, I think I am far worse.  I’m just afraid to admit it.  Does that make me weak?

197628_10201262370707848_1601742373_n

Yamel at Times Square, May 2013

I’m indecisive, when it comes to big and small things.  I don’t know at this point what  I want to do.  But as of right now, I am a Spanish major at Macaulay Honors College.

I was born in Juarez, Mexico, but have lived most of my life in Denver, Colorado.  So in other words, I’m new to the city and I love it.  It can be somewhat irrational at times, but I try to be rational.  I hate to be wrong.  It leads me to argue when I shouldn’t.  Maybe I hate it because I feel like being right is the only thing I have.  The one thing I am absolutely certain about when it comes to myself is that I am smart.  When that is challenged, I defend it.  You would too, I think.

This entry was posted in Bios. Bookmark the permalink.