I can’t believe how far we’ve come!

I am a science-minded girl, so I usually don’t relate to or enjoy politically styled classes. To be honest, I was dreading IDC. Which is why I am so surprised by how much I loved it! I learned so much, about myself, my city, and my Country. I don’t look at people in the street the same way anymore; I understand that they each have a story.

My favorite assignment this semester was the personal story. I interviewed my grandmother for it, and I learned so much about myself and where I come from that I never would have known otherwise. Now, I am an adult. I know all of the family secrets (or at least I think I do!)

My least favorite assignment of the semester was the statistical profile assignment. Not because I didn’t learn a lot, just because of how tedious it was. Still, if I had to do it again, I would- the insight I gained was well worth the pain of gaining it.

I will definitely use the skills I gained in this class into the future. The interview assignment taught me how to ask personal questions, an invaluable skill for any profession (including motherhood). And, knowing how to work excel definitely can’t hurt!

This class had a very positive impact on my life, and I am grateful to have been a part of it.

This entry was posted in Feedback. Bookmark the permalink.