Re: Fall For Dance

The sky was dark, save for the glow of the illuminated signs and street lights.  I did not know what to expect when I walked into the theater.

Fall For Dance is an anthology performance comprised of different styles of dance.   The performances range from Western styles such as ballet and tap dance to a traditional African dance.  It was nice to see a traditional ballet and a modern tap dance.  Dance transcends geography and time.  I found the traditional African dance engaging, and I couldn’t help but tap my foot to the tap dance.  Many of the performances seemed to tell a story or reflect a certain philosophy.  It is fun to try and interpret the performance.

The tap dance performance was my favorite.  There was a part of the dance I found interesting.  At this point in the number, a performer in a corporate looking suit appeared to puppet the movements of another performer as the harsh sound of an electric guitar rang across the auditorium.  I theorize that it was to reflect the way the corporations control the people.  I found that this performance resonated with me the most.

Overall, I left the auditorium with a smile on my face.