Downtown Brooklyn
April 10

On this day, I went by myself mostly around the richer population of Downtown Brooklyn, hoping to get some interviews. I went around noon expecting to see people there for lunch and for the area to be bustling with residents.

It was a warm day and the streets and stores were crowded due to it being the beginning of spring break. The area surrounding those high-rise buildings were surprisingly getting quitter as we left the commercial side.

I got rejected for interviews multiple times and walking back to the direction of borough hall, I again notice the shift in the way the stores look. The fresh store fronts have glass windows while the older ones have dirty looking painting and no one actually paying attention to those stores before encountering the beautiful store fronts again. I noticed that a lot of the people eating lunch in the area were older and seemed to come out of the many federal or other organization buildings in the area.

Going to a well-known park by the bridge, I found kids playing with their parents and I observed how many of them actively multi-tasked between their phone and engaging in play with the children. People walking in the street were white. I noticed a black man but he was just helping someone move into an apartment. Another black male was a driver of a sanitary truck. There were three trucks in a four-block radius.

(Future questions, what is the income and cost of the apartments? What age range? Diversity?)