Varin Sawh

Person sitting by water
Varin Sawh

Hi everyone! My name is Varin Sawh and I’m majoring in mechanical engineering. I was born in NYC but grew up In Warwick, NY, about an hour outside the city. It has been really interesting to live in a suburban setting for my entire life while still being so close to the city. From a young age I visited Manhattan often and became easily taken by the architectural genius of the skyscrapers and the subtle intensity of the street-level landscape. The city has always been a paradise to me, a kaleidoscope of universally surreal and emotive sensations. (This picture was taken about a year ago when I visited Hoboken, NJ. The view of Lower Manhattan from the outdoor terrace was absolutely breathtaking.) For a few years now I have been engrossed with classic movies and have come to greatly appreciate the cinematic art-form. I enjoy watching films from all decades and on all subjects. When it comes to mastery at Oscar trivia, I am second to none. I also enjoy listening to music; you will probably never find a bigger fan of Coldplay than me. I look forward to working with all of you this semester.