Leonidas Kalpaxis

Person jumping off logHi everyone! My name is Leonidas Kalpaxis. I’m half Filipino, quarter Greek and quarter German. I’m a Freshman at CCNY and am going to be majoring in Physics. Over the summer I learned to make some origami things, like a dragon and connected moving boxes. I enjoyed hiking a bit near the beginning of July, and my picture here shows me jumping over a log while on the trail, which is upstate near the town of Monroe. I am wearing a pi shirt that I got in Greece during my family’s summer travels last year. It was wonderful to visit Athens and see the Parthenon. I also happen to have memorized around 70 digits of pi… In my free time I like to play chess and go to the park to bike or play badminton. In the past year I’ve gotten into making my own music, using my knowledge from playing the violin and piano. I’ve played the violin since I was very little, and picked up some piano from just playing around. I have a cat named Jupiter who is very cute, has gray fur and is 7 years old! I look forward to getting to know you all more!