The object I choose was a Celtic Cross. My heritage is Irish, and in Ireland being Roman Catholic is a huge religious and cultural statement. The Irish Protestant have oppressed the Catholics for hundreds of years, especially in Northern Ireland. Despite that the Catholics always persisted and stayed true to their religion. I believe that my own stubbornness and determination stems from this heritage. St. Patrick made the first Celtic Cross by drawing a circle over the tradition Latin Cross to incorporate a pagan God, but it has since been used to symbolize God’s unwavering and committed love for us. This always makes me remember that despite the hardships that life may have for us, we will persist live on. In current times Irish people are just grouped into the general group of “White” or “Caucasian” people, but I don’t really think this is a far assessment. The history of Irish Immigrants is very different than other people. This history the Celtic Cross stands for a lot of different things. It represents all of the pain and suffering that the Irish people had to go through for hundreds of years because of the English and Northern Protestants. It is easy to forget that less than 30 years ago, the Irish Republican Army was one of the first terrorist groups to ever get world wide attention.  For me the Celtic Cross tells you a lot about the Irish Catholics and me as a person.