Of course, this is late because I am a mess in every conceivable aspect of my life. Anyway, this isn’t about me, this is about the amazingly talented Sara Davis.

Not going to lie, the performance started out rocky. Perhaps it was because I had a long day, but I had to fight sleep as it continually tried to take hold of me on multiple occasions. It was slow in the very beginning stages, but I willed my eyes to stay open — and boy, am I so glad I did.

I don’t believe I’ve ever seen anyone play the piano live. I’ve never been musically inclined, so it was understandably something that I’m not very interested in. I believe Sara Davis changed my mindset on quite a few misconceptions I had going into the show.

First and foremost, I assumed it would be boring. Whilst I just got done saying it essentially was at the start of the show, it definitely picked up. Sara Davis plays with such vehement passion, unlike anything I’ve ever seen before. It was very clear to me that she truly puts her whole heart and soul into her performances. She poured a tremendous amount of energy into those piano pieces as her hands skated across the keys and would dramatically slam down during poignant parts of the piece she was playing. A few times, the piano even moved backwards — that’s how much animation and vivacity this woman poured into the music.

I previously mentioned I’ve never been musically inclined. That still holds true, but I’ll let you all in on a little secret that not many people know about me: I used to play the piano. I know, shocking. I’m the most clumsy human being alive with very little hand to eye coordination and ((I)) used to play the piano. Of course, I was not nearly as good as Sara Davis, I had the skillset of a toddler just slamming on random notes, to be quite honest. However, I bring this up because I understand the difficulties of playing the piano. I think there is a common notion that piano is the easiest instrument to play. Maybe for some that rings true, but honestly, it requires a lot of practice and motivation. As many of you have probably figured out by now, I fractured my motivation many moons ago.

Anyway, I bring this up because having this experience makes me all the more impressed with Sara Davis’ talent. I know that it requires a lot — a lot of motivation, a lot of practice, and a hell of a lot of talent, all of which are things that I lacked during my time playing the piano. I don’t even have as much energy as Sara Davis to wake up in the morning, nevermind play the piano with such vigor and enthusiasm. That’s goals. The woman honestly has more talent in her pinkie than I do in my whole body.

Shamelessly late blog post complete. Until next time.