Ween is an alternative rock band formed in New Hope, Pennsylvania by Mickey “Dean Ween” Melchiondo and Aaron “Gene Ween” Freeman. Although they never received much mainstream recognition, they have released 10 studio albums and formed a large and highly devoted cult following. They are known mostly for their humorous lyricism and eclectic musical style. Last year, the band ended its four year hiatus and began touring again. I got to see them on April 15th 2016 at Terminal 5 and I had such a good time that I decided to see them again this year on June 7th at Brooklyn Steel. The show this year was great too. They started the night off with 4 laid back acoustic songs, all of them great songs that helped to set the mood for the rest of the night. On the 5th song, “Take Me Away,” the band switched to electric and really began to raise the energy of the crowd. On this song they also introduced a gimmick, a talk box, which they used on several other songs throughout the show. A talk box is a small speaker connected to a tube that goes into the musicians mouth and plugs into an electric instrument, in this case a guitar. The pitch is determined by what notes are being played on the instrument while the musician uses his mouth as a filter. This can create a sound similar to a robotic autotune or can function as a mouth-operated wah pedal. The talk box definitely made this show funny and unique and the crowd really loved it. In my opinion, the highlight of the night was “A Tear for Eddie,” a guitar solo in the style of Eddie Hazel’s “Maggot Brain,” written as a tribute to Hazel after his death. The performance of “A Tear for Eddie” was very emotional and cathartic, much like “Maggot Brain” and whoever was in charge of the lights and special effects that night deserves an A+ for making the visuals to the song absolutely surreal. Great show overall from a talented and underrated band.