Have you ever done your homework so neat you took a photo of it because of how proud you were?

Recently, a Tumblr community has formed together to share organization tips, study tips, love for stationary, note aesthetics, and advice for health and wellness as well. These include the now extremely popular bullet journals, the calligraphy notes, and the use of Surface Pros and iPad Pros. Others, make printables which are nicely pre-designed calendars, to-do lists, or planners ready for print and use.

Take a look at the photos below of examples of bullet journals. Many are colorful, artistic, and full of perfectly drawn doodles like the first, but there are others that are minimalistic and perfectly lined on dotted paper.

Notes are crucial as well and so are study guides. Often times, calligraphy and block lettering is used for the header and Muji pens as well as Mildliners highlighters are extremely popular. Many notes come in the form of summary flashcards, variations of timelines, and mindmaps: all different ways for notes to be interpreted and remembered in the mind.

Almost a year ago, Buzzfeed wrote a blog post, “This Studying Trend Will Either Inspire You Or Stress You The F Out”, about Studyblrs and using many pictures like the ones similar above. Blog writer Terri Pous includes, “It can encompass anything related to school, like having really, really, ridiculously good handwriting… or possessing da Vinci levels of drawing skills.”

Personally, I have never contributed to the Studyblr community but I follow many of the popular go-to Studyblrs and I can definitely relaate to Pous’ article title. All these photos are nice to look at and often times, I find myself wanting to try to bullet journal or try having really nice notes. In the end, it just stresses me “the f out” to put into words.

My friend who introduced me to Studyblrs gets motivated from seeing really organized work so she can pick up momentum and go about her way of studying, not exactly adding doodles next to math questions and having perfectly cursive titles, but it works for her. For me, I realized that I want things the exact way I see them in my mind and that would be the da Vinci level of drawing skills which I cannot achieve.

In summary, it may work for you or it may not. It is still ridiculously good to look at and admire. Art can definitely motivate and/or inspire someone.