The Arts in NYC Fall 2012

Join this site

If you want to add yourself as a user, please log in, using your existing Macaulay Eportfolio account.

Site menu:

Recent Posts

Categories

Archives

Art Around the City

November 2012
M T W T F S S
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

RSS New York Times Arts Section

Complexions

After seeing a few clips of modern dance earlier that day in class, I did not know what to expect from Complexions.

The very first performance, THE CURVE made me feel that the show was going to be long and quite painful to sit through. However, as the performances went on, I began to enjoy them more and more. The second performance, MEMORIES; the one with two dancers and a guitarist was my favorite. I loved that they included hip-hop as they danced. I loved the last performance, PRETTY GRITTY SUITE as well. It took the whole second half, but I didn’t mind. It was more upbeat and fast-paced than other performances. Their movements seemed very easy and natural, yet it was quite obvious that they put a lot of work into it. Just from their body and their flexibility, anyone can tell that they sure put their thousand hours. I was at first uncomfortable to be too close to the stage as I felt awkward staring at their bodies. I wonder how they maintain their amazing bodies.

Nevertheless, it was a very interesting experience. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

Write a comment