Fun at the Met 11/6/13

Yesterday, due to the failed trip to the Whitney Museum….(just kidding), we went to visit the Metropolitan Museum. As I had never been to either museum before, I was very excited and interested to see the exhibits there. My first reaction when walking into the Met was that this place was huge. After splitting up, a group of us, accompanied by Professor Eversley, set off to locate the Balthus exhibit, but were quickly captivated by the many other exhibits and works of art that the Met had to offer. When we finally reached the Balthus exhibit, I was very skeptical but intrigued by his style of mid century art work, which included many street scenes as well as portraits of young girls in suggestive positions. Overall though, it was a very interesting experience that I hope everyone will get a chance to see. From walking through the Temple of Dendur in the Egyptian gallery to viewing original works of art by Pablo Picasso and Henri Mattise, the Met’s quantity and variety was fascinating. I will definitely visit the Met again in the future in hopes of further exploring their wide array of art works.