Nightly Nature

My favorite type of art is natural art. It’s ironic because my grandparents always took me to national parks as a kid, and I absolutely hated it. I hated hiking, I hated nature trails, and I hated views. And now that I look back, I realize everything that I’ve been missing.

Since I’ve been skiing for over 10 years, I’ve been to enough mountain resorts; summits and have seen some incredible views. And every Sunday night I come home late so I don’t take the crosstown bus; instead, I walk through Central Park and come across some pretty sights.

Don’t be afraid of the night, but if you fear anything bad is about to happen, just be a fast runner! I joke. Just admire these two pictures with me of deserted Central Park at 11 PM.

image (2) image (1)

2 thoughts on “Nightly Nature

1. semona

I’m happy you can appreciate the beauty of Central Park at night because when I try to explain to others, it doesn’t seem to translate. The park turns into a completely different place and has an almost mystical atmosphere with the dewy, foggy air. There’s a different group of people that go to the park at night apposed to those that go earlier. It’s definitely a cool place to clear your thoughts.

2. shujatkhan

Central Park is one of the true gems in New York. A lot of people who visit New York can often forget to visit Central Park and instead get lost in seeing all the other views such as our very own Times Square.
    For me there is something else in Central Park that you can’t really get anywhere else in New York, the peace and simplicity. In the city that never sleeps to be able to go to a place where you can just sit down and not have to see all the cars buzzing by and hear the New York noise is for me the place to be. If you ever get the chance take a drive through central park, it really is a unique drive.