A Glimpse at the Originals

For the archive project I was lucky enough to have been given the chance to go and have the interview at a place where Irma Ostroff, an artist, had worked before to create her pieces of art. After the interview was over I got the chance to talk to her more about many of her pieces and to my surprise, she even had some of the original works within the residence. When we walked into the common area I immediately noticed a piece of art hanging on the wall which had a unique style, that was of course the work of Professor Ostroff. It was titled Plan C and was made using a pattern of stamps of varying colors among other techniques all of which contributed to the final product. That’s when I remembered something that Professor Ostroff had told me during the interview where she had said that she made the work because she enjoyed doing so, and she herself knew that it had value. To believe in yourself is something that doesn’t only have to be limited to art; it is something that everyone should strive towards accomplishing and surely will allow you to move forward and aspire toward any ambitions you may have.