Mason Hall

MasonHall-BaruchPerformingArtsCenter-PIC3--small[1]

Ever seen this? Its Mason Hall in our very own Baruch! It’s located on the 23rd St building. I’ve seen it once in my whole life because we had Freshman Orientation there in the beginning of the school year but I haven’t went back since. I loved the intricate detail on the wooden panels surrounding the curtains. I wonder how long it took to build everything! Plus, one can’t simply climb a ladder to create the detail. One has to climb a HUGE ladder to construct each curve. I don’t know if its just me, but I check out a theater’s surroundings before the show starts. The art of the theater and the style in which the stage is in makes the performance even greater. Even though we may not look at the stage beforehand, I feel it is essential to understanding the meaning behind the performance.

2 thoughts on “Mason Hall

1. Nicholas Lee

Hi Teresa,

Hmmm, nope.. I don’t recognize that place AT ALL! Just kidding! I agree, the architecture that can be found in the old 23 street building is amazing and unique, something that I feel our new Vertical campus, though much more modern and still beautiful in its own way, is lacking. From our own auditorium to the structure of the old 23rd street building, I feel that it is a piece of art in itself that you do not see in many newer buildings!