Intro to my life

My name is Josh Kemp, and I’m sadly aware I have one of the most boring and common first names of our generation.

I’m an International Studies major, with a concentration in International Affairs–minors in Asian Studies and French.  I’m taking Mandarin and plan on spending the fall semester studying abroad in Nanjing next year.  I’d love to end up working for the government–maybe the State Department or the DIA–or an an international non-profit/NGO.   Answering the “where I’m from” question is a bit more difficult for me than it should be, as I’m a Navy brat; I’m essentially from everywhere and nowhere at the same time.  I’ve never lived somewhere for more than 2-3 years, and went to three high schools: one in North Caroline, one in Virginia, and one in Stuttgart, Germany.  I’m actually French and not German, but graduated from the German high school.

I live in an apartment on 142nd and Broadway, about 5 minutes from the school, and love it.  PSA: If you’re at the Towers, make plans to get an apartment as soon as possible–I promise you it’s worth it.  I spend a lot of my time outside of school working at the Fairway Steakhouse on 74th as a server.  Other than that, I thoroughly enjoy hanging out with friends, binging Netflix, and playing on the Macaulay Marauders Quidditch Team on the weekends.  I haven’t played with them so far this year as I’ve been recovering from a collarbone surgery after breaking for the second time it playing Quidditch (yes, it’s a full-contact, co-ed sport that you should definitely check out if you’re athletic at all and aren’t afraid to get physical).  Other than that, I love snow-boarding, traveling, eating good food, and watching horror movies.