Avenue Q

av q

While Avenue Q was hilarious, it touched upon some real life issues and struggles.  As my classmates and I are starting to create the paths for our lives, we are getting anxious about the future that seems so near.  The topics touched upon in the play are relevant to the struggles and conflicts we are facing now.   We are all worried about getting jobs after college and fulfilling our life’s purpose.  Although the play teaches us that our lives may not take the path we expected, it was comforting to know that maybe we do not have to know our life’s purpose right now and that bad things are only temporary.  The play discusses these topics with a great sense of humor. The songs were controversial, comical, and catchy.

The actors and actresses were so talented not only in their vocals, but in their puppetry. The way that the actors interacted with the puppets was marvelous.  The actors made the detailed facial expressions you would imagine the puppets were making, while bringing the puppets alive with body language. Meeting the cast at the end of the show was a great, unexpected surprise.  I often romanticize the lives of actors and I was naively shocked when the whole cast came out in their street clothes and were so outgoing and willing to talk.  They all gave great advice to us college students on following your dreams and choosing a path that you are passionate about.  Overall, I loved Avenue Q and I would definitely recommend others to see the show!