STeP

savion glover

Coming from a family with cousins who have been in dance for years, I am constantly attending dance recitals. While I always love watching my little cousins performing their routines, I must admit that my favorite part is always when the oldest people perform. The precision in which they move and the way that their movements tells a story that I cannot help but to enjoy seeing. As such, I had high expectations of STePz, and needless to say I did not leave disappointed.

When the show started I was instantly engulfed in the music and the movements of the dancer. At first I felt that the movements did not match up with the music, but even still I was entranced. As the show progressed, it only got better. I was transfixed with each movement and mesmerized by the sheer amount of skill. I was astounded by how quickly and skillfully the dancers could move. From the distance we were to the stage, it did not seem like their feet were moving at times. The only way we knew that they were was from the unrelenting sound of tapping.

The performances flowed seamlessly from one to the next, to the point where I sometimes had trouble distinguishing when one ended and the next began. This was especially surprising as the music was very diverse, being of several different genres and time frames. The show got better as it progressed and the time went by rather quickly. Overall, it was a great nice, and a prime example of Art in its finest.