Tosca Opera

Being the pessimistic, cynical hermit that I am, I thought that going to the city in order to see an opera late at night would be an awful experience. For the most part I was wrong. For starters, the opera was only 3 acts, as opposed to the 5 act play, which meant that I got to leave the opera earlier than expected. Second, the opera was fully in Italian, which helped with the immersion into the play and was also a fun exercise since I’m tying to learn Italian. Third, I like getting dressed up and going to fancy events. I did like the story of the play and some actors were very good at their job, (Tosca and Scarpio) which made it easy for me to lose myself in the plot and enjoy the play more.

Even though the play was rather enjoyable, a lot of things about the trip were not. The people there seemed a little full of themselves and kind of pretentious, the time in between acts was extremely dull and the day I was having was not a positive on in the least. Couple that with the fact that being in the city is exhausting for an introvert like myself and that I had finals the next week and you have a recipe for an unhappy Stephen. The experience was unique and it’s something that I can put on a list of things that I’ve done but it is not something I am likely to repeat.images