My Trip to the NAWA

When I first entered the NAWA exhibit I was very surprised at what I saw. To be fair, I’ve never been to an art museum, so I didn’t really know what to expect. I’ve gone to art museums before, but this was definitely not the same thing. For one, it was much smaller than other museums I’ve been to. It was a lot smaller and more obscure than other museums. There wasn’t a lot of people either. What surprised me the most is how expensive some of the pieces were, considering the obscurity of the event.
The art itself didn’t impress me very much personally. I can understand why some of these pieces could be appreciated though. The only two pieces that I really enjoyed were “What is Seeing?” by Jill L. Kline and “The Night the Moon Ate the Stars” by Virginia Mallon. I liked “What is Seeing” because it was very interesting to see the entire thing made out of different types of buttons. It was very colorful and creative. However, I did not think that it was worth $1500. I liked “The Night the Moon Ate the Stars” because it was very unsettling. The moon and girl both have a face and the colors are very dark and spooky. Overall it was an okay experience with an okay display of art. However, it was definitely something that I appreciated going to.

-William Cole

One thought on “My Trip to the NAWA”

1. Thanks William for commenting on my work! I am glad you liked it. It is meant to be spooky and unsettling – some art is like that – and I am glad that message came across to you.

🙂