Play Readings are like Bedtime Stories

I actually enjoyed the play reading, especially observing the emotion and actions the actors were undertaking to perform what the script says.

The timing of the play reading was what most threw me off. I was just getting out of Chemistry before we had to rush to the ferry. We managed to make it just in time for the reading to start.

I will admit that I didn’t thoroughly read the plot of the story beforehand. However, I ended up becoming interested in the story because it felt relatable and different from the what we were going to beforehand. We’ve gone to Operas, Dances, and Musicals, but a playreading is something I’ve never done or bothered with. Despite being late at night, I tried with as much effort as possible to listen and understand the plot. I didn’t even try to nitpick all the small mishaps the actors and actresses exhibited. I was more interested in how he story would play out and how the readers would emulate the emotions and nuance in the speech. I would listen to another play reading, but only if I was genuinely interested.