Pictures of New York

Forums Class Discussion Films and photographs Pictures of New York

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Albert Connolly
    Participant

<a href="http://” />

This is a picture of a Harlem street in the 90’s. I think this picture captures New York City very well. Anywhere you go, you can find something very similar. The bodega/deli is a really common phenomenon in the city, where people of all walks of life go.

Albert Connolly
    Participant
    Albert Connolly
    Participant

This is a photo by Lewis Hine of 11 iron workers eating lunch. It is an emblematic photo that represents New York’s long history of labor. People during the 30’s, when it was taken, took great risks just to make end’s meet, and I think that is still true for many people, today. In addition, I have somewhat of a personal connection to this. This photo is commonly reprinted, and my grandparents have a copy of it in their house and have often told me how it reminds them of my great-grandfather,who was an ironworker.

lioragaronov
    Participant

George Washington Bridge by Edward Steichen

This is a photograph of the George Washington Bridge taken by a famous photograph Edward Steichen. The George Washington Bridge carries over 106 million vehicles per year, making it the world’s busiest motor vehicle bridge.

lioragaronov
    Participant

Bryant Park Breadline

This is a photograph entitled “Bryant Park Breadline” taken by Edward Steichen. Reminds all the people about inequality and social class stratification.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.