"The Man On Wire" Documentary

Forums Class Discussion Films and photographs "The Man On Wire" Documentary

Tagged: , , , , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lioragaronov
    Participant

This documentary incorporates what seems to be unrealistic – to overcome the security of the world trade center and the fears associated with an incredible height on the roofs of the towers, with a real action that was take by Philippe Petit. It was a great experience to go along the planning procedure with the character, who amazed me with how actually beautiful and glorious an act of breaking the law could be. I would never expect a French street performer, who is trying to make a living in Paris with juggling acts and wire walking, to connect the wires between the two most protected buildings in New York City, and walk along the wire from one end of towers to the other. I really enjoyed watching the movie and I will add more comments very soon.

alexanderlegg
    Participant

I agree – the documentary was stunning and the amount of original footage they had from the stunt itself really made the film. I have an incredible fear of heights and the visuals in the film were so realistic that I found my palms become sweaty as I watched the documentary. Even now thinking about Philippe Petit walking between the two buildings my heart beats a little faster. Overall, the seemingly infinite challenges faced by Petit and his group were overcome as he succeeded.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.