Walking the Bridges of New York

Forums Class Discussion New York City as Art Walking the Bridges of New York

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Shaker
    Participant

I think, in my opinion, one of the most underrated past times in the city is finding a bridge and walking across it. Not only do I appreciate the architecture of the bridge (as I walk directly under its piers) but I also appreciate seeing the city from new angles. It also helps me remember despite how fast the subway system is, that the city is actually huge. You slow down.

So far I have walked across the Brooklyn Bridge (which was alright but touristy), the Triboro, walking across 125th and taking the bridge to Astoria, and the GWB, which you can reach at about 178th I believe.

Here are some pictures. Marvel at how awesome they could have been if they were taken in a decent resolution

GW

Manhattan Looking Down from the GWB
    Looking across the Hudson From Jersey

Triboro
    Looking at MAnhattan from Randall's Island
    Looking at Manhattan from the Queens span of the Triboro

• This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Joseph Shaker.
    Joseph Shaker
    Participant

The Scale is enormous when you are on them. I have great appreciation and awe for how they were constructed
    Another of the GW

From the Manhattan side of the Triboro

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Joseph Shaker.
    Henry Burby
    Participant

Awesome Pictures!!!

alexanderlegg
    Participant

So cool! Definitely a great idea for a nice day. Amazing pictures and incredible views. Thanks for sharing Joe!!

Joseph Shaker
    Participant

Im glad you guys appreciate it and that the concept came through well on my old, pixelated camera. I assure you it is much more beautiful in person.

lioragaronov
    Participant

Great Pictures !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.