Alex Bonilla

I was just finishing my duties at work when I realized that I had to take a photo of the Tribute In Light.I panicked; fortunately my friend was nice enough take me close enough, so that I could get a picture. We got off somewhere off the Brooklyn Queens Expressway. It was 8:37 and cloudy but I was impressed that I was still able to witness the light’s magnificent power in such an atmosphere. The light gave off this feeling of respect and images of 9/11 popped into my head, I could only imagine the pain that the victims and their families went through. The almost 3,000 people that died on that historic day didn’t deserve to die and they most certainly deserve a lot more than we could ever honor them with. My location was terrible and I made several attempts to get only the Lights in my picture so that I could make it the main subject. I took the picture above and was about to delete it when I realized that everything flowed together. The Tribute in Light is barely visible, however, it still sticks out like a sore thumb because of the people around and the car on the side. The picture gives the illusion that the Tribute in Light has the power to stop traffic and captivate everyone in its presence. The punctum would be the photographer on the left side because she supports the fact that the Tribute in Light is captivating in this image and further enhances the Light’s presence.

This entry was posted in Tribute. Bookmark the permalink.