Working in the lab yesterday was an incredibly exciting experience. I felt that it enhanced our understanding of certain topics we covered in class, especially experimental design and scientific uncertainty. It was really worthwhile to not only learn about drug development in class but to also apply what we learned to a real-life lab setting. Moreover, although my aspirin did not come out to be perfectly pure, I felt that the experience itself was valid because it showed us that despite following directions carefully, the final product does not always turn out correctly. This concept demonstrated the uncertainty that comes with an experiment, which is why it is so pivotal to perform multiple trials of an experiment. On top of that, a well thought out experimental design comes in handy when performing the experiment.  Also, I can draw similarities from what we did in the lab to the projects we have been working on throughout the semester. Both the lab and the Bioblitz research we have been doing emphasize the scientific method in that both pose a question, then seek to answer the question, and finally analyze the results to make relevant conclusions. Likewise, the 3-D printing highlights the need to have a valid design when pursuing a healthcare innovation, much like the experimental design of creating aspirin.