In this class, I learned about numerous scientific topics and how they relate to the world around us.  I learned that scientific questions are formed from mere observations and how scientists go about answering these questions.  I felt that this class was extremely informative, although the PowerPoint lectures were somewhat less so than the hands-on lessons.  I liked that the topics we were taught often times related back to current events or things we’ve done like the BioBlitz.  For the most part, I felt that the two major assignments were grueling, to say the least.  But, I felt rewarded after completing them.  With that being said, it felt like much of the material covered in class that related to our projects was closer to sets of instructions (e.g. the PowerPoints on creating an abstract, writing a lab report, Chicago Style guide, etc.).  I also didn’t enjoy that we had two projects; I felt that we ended up focusing on one or the other because we only presented one at the STEAM Festival.  I feel that if we had a choice between the two from the start, the process would have seemed more relevant.  Nevertheless, I still very much enjoyed the class.  I especially appreciated the small experiments in class, such as creating snow and setting things on fire in addition to the labs themselves.  I felt that these hands-on experiments really helped the class grasp the ideas we were taught in class.  Once again, I have to thank my professors for this wonderful class.  I am also really grateful that we don’t have to worry about a final for this class.